Of Introspection and Botheration

You know that feeling you get when you buy a new thing, it has absolutely no memory attached to it. you want to cherish the feeling of holding on to that swanky new object, make yourself feel good or happy about it. So much of excitement is attached to it that you would constantly be on the edge to make sure it is doing OK. Even a minor scratch seems to rip your insides. Eventually it holds less importance, you learn to live with it, surely you love it just the same but there are better things out there constantly. More things to do, more things to explore.

I always feared that my relationship would be something like that. That it's value would diminish with time. That it would lose it's charm and fun. But it hasn't been so. Yet.


And I add the yet, because: fear. 



Photo credit reference only: here


And so I write this today, perhaps to myself more than to you. To never let my fear overtake me.

However I do not know of your thoughts on this subject. 
You know, the thing about routine? It forces you to change. Why let routine take over then if there are constant changes? What difference would that make?

I'm somehow sure, I haven't been able to put across my thoughts to you. But then again, it was never meant for you.


~S

Comments