The many aspects of the man I've known

Although much has been known and much has been said, can one truly understand the complexities of another person? Say even if the person in question is a sibling, parent, spouse or child? You may know merely an aspect of a person. Just another dimension they choose to show you.




At each stage I find myself reflecting back at the journey so far. Can I really gauge it all? Can you and I with absolutely certainly say that we know the other person? But well that's the beauty of it all. The beauty of this relationship. The joys of discovery. What a bland life it would be if all was known. There wouldn't be uncertainty, there wouldn't be thrill. There wouldn't be anything to look forward to.


I often pondered over the concept of soul mates.  Whether they exist at all or are the figment of our imagination. Life with a soul mate would be dull perhaps. What is to be discovered, what is to be known?


Perhaps it is in the puzzle and the mystery that lies true excitement, anticipation, restlessness and joy! I have discovered a man who has been rude, harsh, perhaps a bit too annoying yet there's a gentler side to you. It reflects when you are with your family or reflects when you are with kids. And perhaps it reflects most when you are around me. The little things you'd do for me (or not)
Depending on how nice you are feeling that particular day.


It amazes me to know of the brash things you've done before and fills me with wonder when you are ever so patient with me. It's in the little things you do that I understand the underlying side of you. Where there are harsh words, there'd be kind actions. With you, there is understanding, love, acceptance and care. There are so many years coming up ahead for us together, hoping that they will be full of the same kind of mystery and adventure.



Happy birthday love.

~ S

Comments