Poetic Liberties















I could say you are everything to me
That my sun rises with you
That the vastness of the earth means nothing to me
If I'm not along with you

That the world shall cease to spin about it's course
That things they'd cease to exist
The air would come to a desperate standstill
Oh darling if you cease to exist!

The sweetness of life would turn oh so sour
All senses they would be utterly lost
The fragrance of the soil, the essence of living,
Sweet love were you to be lost!

And what of my heart? It shall be in bits!
Could I ever mend it again?
The design of the agony, makes me stop all thought, 
And I shan't tread on it again.

Perhaps I could say, that life would be dull,
A yawning reality without you. 
Perhaps the sun shall rise, a little less bright, 
If I'm not along with you.

Or perhaps it shan't be, as bad as it seems,
The world it shall continue to spin.
A bittersweet life shall take it's course
While poetic tales I continue to spin.

~S

Comments