Flashbacks


The day was anything but perfect. Perhaps perfectly disastrous the way it was beginning to be. The rain had no mercy. It was pouring. Heavily. My heart thudding in my chest. As heavily as the rain perhaps. Maybe even faster than that. Who knows? I was anxious to meet him. 

Excited!  

Anticipating our meeting. The rain just had to add to the chaos, the turmoil, the build up. It was all too dramatic. A perfect orchestra.

The thick dark atmosphere reflected my mood, almost to say that it understood my plight. A companion of sorts. Water logging had begun to take place in various places. my fears were growing with each passing minute. I traveled further towards the mister's place, thinking maybe I'd be stuck there for a long time. What if there was a flood like situation again? The radio played on some weird sufi music. The traffic seemed to be moving at a snail's pace. Finally after much delay, haggling and hassling, I arrived at his place, an hour late, armed with too many bags, a soaking umbrella and a heavy heart.

All I wanted to do was to hold him then. Hug him, kiss him with all that I had. Let all of the frustration go. The build up of the way, the madness I felt for him.

And I did.

We kissed. And oh did we kiss some more. All sense of place lost. The food to be cooked forgotten. The bags left unattended. The clothes scattered across the floor.


July 21, 2015

 ~ S

Comments